Hello friends today’s post will be very different in that I am postponing the part 2 to my post about Home Care as Self Care since it has a small place in the scheme of things when hundreds of thousands are losing their homes to Hurricane Harvey as I type these words right now.
Going on with my usual weekly activities feels like a betrayal to myself in times like these. The best self care for me today is to act in what capacity I can and use whatever I have to alleviate the load for those in this crisis, even if just a little.
Here are a list of places you can take action on, to do your part in helping our friends effected by Harvey.
- A food bank in Corpus Christi could really use some help. Take a moment to donate with the click of a button to the Corpus Christi Food Bank by clicking here.
- Keep in mind that $1 creates 7 meals
- Donate to the Houston Food Bank here
- Donate to the Central Texas Food Bank here
- Donations to the Houston Chapter, Red Cross can be made here through the site
- Donate through text by texting the word HARVEY to 90999 to make a $10 donation
- You can also do it over the phone and call 1-800-Red-Cross.
- Give to the United Way Flood Relief Fund here,
- Donate through text by texting the word UWFLOOD to 41444.
Living intentionally to me means, that when the need arises, we have the ability to act virtuously because we have practiced it in smaller ways in our day to day life.
There is a greater need today in the areas pummeled by Hurricane Harvey and in the following many months, this is our opportunity to take care of ourselves by doing what we can, with what we have for others.
That can mean donating money, going there to volunteer or even pausing in our day to say a prayer.
May we all do our part